Description of the issue:
I am still learning front-end web development. I am using freecodecamp.org tutorials. There are some tests that whenever I run, they don’t work on Brave but they work on Chrome.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Using brave, navigate to any of the following exercises:
- Change the CSS according to the request. (it takes less than 1 minute).
- Run tests ( or hit Ctrl+Enter ).
- On Brave: test fails.
- On Chrome: test passes.
- Brave should pass the tests.
Reproduces how often:
Version 0.67.123 Chromium: 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Reproducible on current live release:
I’m using Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
I’ve done just the first exercise and the result is what you would expect:
I’m using Manjaro and the dev version, which is Version 0.69.100 Chromium: 76.0.3809.87, though.
But it should not really make a difference …
Could you be so kind and tell us why the test fails on Brave -> there is always an error message, isn’t there? And also if the output on the right site looks like expected (so all h2 in blue)?
The tests output is always as follows:
// running tests
Your h2 element should be blue.
// tests completed
However, the right preview panel actually shows the color of the
<h2> tag to be actually blue! but the test fails!
I changed the
<h2> CSS color, and it changed in real time in both Brave and Chrome, seemed to work okay?
@fanboynz Did you click on “Run the test” … I think that’s the problem, although it worked fine for me
@minamaged113 Very odd, perhaps we should wait for some more test results as it worked properly for me. I actually also ran the second one and it worked fine. But tbh I didn’t read correctly and used a style tag instead and it showed me an unrelated error (semi colon missing). So perhaps, just to be sure, you could send us the source code you used? Maybe you did a mistake somewhere else and the error message is just misleading?
This works for me as well. @minamaged113, can you tell me what your Shields settings are set to for the site?
Thank you all for the help.
Apparently it was my mistake, I had a chrome installed plugin from chrome web store, which changes the CSS of the page automatically, which affects the tests when they run. When I disabled it, everything worked smoothly.
@minamaged113 Welcome to the world of web development. I have seen MOOC sites neglect to instruct/teach students that extensions can get in the way of the code we write. Sometimes it is easiest to verify that plugins are not impacting by using a browser with a clean install. This is achieved by creating a browser profile that does not have any extensions installed. This should help you while your learning. However, there is a caveat here. Now you are not aware how your code will perform in the wild. You will learn these as you progress. Testing these scenarios will help resolve issues that your code will encounter.