Format OS keeping BATs

Briefly describe your issue:

Is it possible to format my OS without losing my BATs? I’ve 12 BATs on my browser, and I already have an verified Uphold account, but since I’m from Brazil, I’m not able to send my BATs to my wallet https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539887971469

Is there anything I can do to keep my BATs after formatting?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Version 1.43.93, Linux

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

Yes. My uphold account is verified, but it was not previously connected.

What date did you verify your wallet?

August 15, 2020.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes

Yes, if you’re on desktop.

So move the \brave-browser folder onto an external drive and then after you format, move it back to your device. It should have most of your info.

NOTE
For passwords and other info you’ll likely want to do a sync chain or, to be safer, you’ll want to go to brave://settings/passwords to export your passwords and brave://bookmarks/ to export your bookmarks if you don’t have a Sync chain or want something to last more permanent.

Most important is passwords, as copy/paste over can still have passwords encrypted and inaccessible. So definitely needs to be synced or exported.

Keep in mind if synced, the 25th word changes daily. So if you use sync and write the code down today, it won’t work tomorrow. Hence why I said exporting those couple things may be safer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.