'Form is not secure' Annoyance

Just had an update to Brave under Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa, now Brave @ 1.21.73.

Now, when logging into my webmail service (inbox.com - which is actually https) I get a message.

# The information that you’re about to submit is not secure

Because this form is being submitted using a connection that’s not secure, your information will be visible to others.

I then get a choice to ‘Send Anyway’ or ‘Go Back’ the preferred option I guess as it is the highlighted one. This is a new thing since the upgrade, before then I would go to the webmail site unmolested. I have tried changing settings to get rid of this page to no avail. If this is new feature, how do I turn it off? If the upgrade has changed a setting to bring up this feature how do I turn it off? Either way I want to turn it off, it is extremely annoying and something similar was one of the reasons I left Firefox.

Are you talking about this page?
https://www.inbox.com/login.aspx?redir=/login.aspx

I only see the insecure form warning in the search box at the top, not in the login form. Can you share a screenshot of the problem you’re running into?

The page you are looking at is the login page. I go to the next page as I am already logged in by cookie. See Inbox1.png. On pressing Go to Email Account I used to go to my Email account, now I get the Not Secure page as in NotSEC.png.

I haven’t seen a way to sign up for the service and so I can’t test this myself, but from your screenshots, it does look like a problem on the site itself. Likely an insecure configuration that is potentially exposing some of your information, hence the warning.

I would suggest reaching out to their support to ask them to fix it. I’m sorry I can’t provide more details, because I don’t have an account and so I don’t see the warning you are running into.

1 Like

I really don’t care. I want to get rid of the not secure page that comes up. Is there a way to permanently allow inbox without the ‘popup’? It is really annoying that the web browser interrupts what I am doing with puerile messages.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.