For Brave users impacted by the Auto-Contribute bug

Dear Brave users,

We realized that some of you were impacted by the Auto-Contribute bug where BAT was sent to verified creators despite the auto contribute flag being turned OFF; like the image below.

If you believe you were impacted by this issue and do not want to allow these contributions, please email our support at refunds@brave.com.

The subject line of your email should be “Auto-Contribute Issues”. Please include 2 pieces of information in your email:

1. On desktop, open up brave://rewards-internals on your affected browser and cut and paste the information into your email. Do not share this information with anyone else!
    Android: Open chrome://rewards-internals
    iOS: Settings > Brave Rewards > Wallet creation date (copy info)

2. Let us know the estimated amount of BAT you believe you lost as a result of the Auto-Contribute bug.

3. Make sure you are on the latest version of Brave or you may lose your BAT again. Please include a screenshot of your “About Brave” page indicating that you are on the latest version of Brave.

We will do our best to replenish that BAT in your wallet. Thanks.

Update 12/23:

Hey everyone, quick update. We issued a patch for this bug recently, but it looks like there are still people being affected. We’re still absolutely issuing refunds for anyone affected, but are going to do so once the issue itself is isolated and resolved – we don’t want to refund you only for your wallet to be drained again .

We’re prioritizing this issue as we know it’s frustrating and inconvenient. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we look into this matter. We’re hoping to have a real fix out this week, and then refunds will resume going out again.

Best,
The Brave Rewards team.

17 Likes

My e-mail was returned undeliverable… Should that e-mail address be support+publishers@basicattentionTOKEN.org?

2 Likes

same for me. I don’t know… either

2 Likes

You are correct, it should be support+publishers@basicattentiontoken.org.

Kindly re-send your email, and thank you for taking the time! Our apologies. cc: @ccyrilclaire

2 Likes

how long should we wait for a response once the email is sent? Sent mine in 2 days ago with no response whatsoever.

3 Likes

Hey, we’ll get to you soon as we can @db56742 ! Sorry we haven’t gotten to your ticket yet. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still waiting

RE:

I see this in uphold.com

“You sent 10.BAT to @BravePublishers

I love Brave and the BAT, I am a big fan and have spread the word. But I have tips turned off and don’t appreciate sending BAT when I didn’t do it myself, deliberately.

Can anyone explain.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Mine was fixed but today all of my BAT was taken back by auto contribute to Brave Software

3 Likes

Is there an expected timescale on fix and reply to the email you resquested to be sent please?
Thanks

3 Likes

@db56742 @fanLB Please write in to support+publishers@brave.com with the subject line “Auto-Contribute issues” if you haven’t already.

Processing these refunds as fast as we can :slight_smile: Bear with us, please!

2 Likes

i understand. Thank you for your time. You actually gave me the refund and then auto contribute took it all away after you processed my refund.

3 Likes

Any update on this? I emailed on 11/20 and still have not gotten a response.

2 Likes

I sent an email on Wednesday with all the information and haven’t heard back. Immediately when the “rewards” were added to my wallet they were withdrawn by Brave.

Any updates would be appreciated, even a reply to the email saying it was received would be great.

2 Likes

brave://rewards-internals only brings up a Google search on my end. Should it be chrome://rewards-internals instead?

2 Likes

@Tweetybirb in your case, I would imagine you are using an iOS device. Rewards Internals is not yet implemented on iOS.

2 Likes

Sadly, this issue is coming from an Android phone, so I’m not sure.

2 Likes