For Brave users impacted by the Auto-Contribute bug

Thank you Steeven. Does what you sent Asad show how much was taken from my account?

1 Like

Hi Asad,

I received an email from you guys asking me about the lost amount and replied to that, but havenā€™t head back since (this was 10 days ago).

1 Like

WoWā€¦this a very complicated way to communicate! So, I am still awaiting either further communication regarding my request to have the BAT that was erroneously taken from my account in Dec or Jan. I did submit the requested screen shots of the amount taken (which you could easily see, if you looked at my account) ā€¦and still nothing from you. So, is it up to me to continue every few days or weeks to request you fix this issue?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Glad Iā€™m not the only one who is being ignored :frowning:

1 Like

The answer to your question of whether I sent Asad the internals info is Yes.

1 Like

Checking right now ā€“ refunds can take some time to process, our apologies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello @Asad. Giving you my post link so it can be checked. Thanks for your concern.

Also I wrote to the email in this thread with the adequate screenshots and information.

3 Likes

So, trying to figure out how your communication system works, did you reply to this post 7 days ago? That you were checking? I only just a little while ago ā€¦an hour or so) got this.

1 Like

I had another Bug sent 2 minutes ago another 20.00 BAT this time to a Uphold Member, specifically copied and pasted from my Uphold account ā€œTransaction created using Brave Browserā€.

I wrote an email 3 days ago to the direction mentioned in this page but no answer, I wrote a post as well with no response from your team, instead an automatic reply email saying that I should come to this forum and sort it out here.

Thatā€™s 40.00 BAT in 3 days sent without my consent from the Brave Bug and for the moment lost, I had plans for those BATS these days, conveniently.

Any chance of getting my case reviewed, and getting my BATs back? @Asad @steeven @alex

3 Likes

Now I just had a 3rd bug attack ā€œYou sent 2.2054 BAT to Brave Software Internationalā€, sent from my Uphold account.

Also I have been receiving minimal random ā€œcontributionsā€ to my Brave account while the Bug is active. You guys should check this out seriously.

@Asad @steeven @alex

1 Like

Itā€™s obviously still doing it, because I have become a victim of this as of 3/7/2020.
I find it really hard to believe you havenā€™t figured this out yet.
I apparently gave you 20 freakinā€™ BAT today without offering it.
@Asad

(I donā€™t want to have allowed ads on my desktop for no reason, guys! :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@Asad @steeven @alex

Iā€™m just bumping this thread. Iā€™ve never enabled Auto-Contribute, I can imagine how a bug might turn it on - but Iā€™d appreciate a word or two in regards to it being solved. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Crosstown @Brownicus_Fut_IV - have you already written into [email protected] with the subject line ā€œAuto-Contribute issuesā€?

1 Like

Yes. It directed me here almost instantly.

1 Like

Hi @steeven. Thanks for your response. Yes I did, on 3/4/2020, no response from that email address though, apart from the automated response, saying to come to this site and contact someone from the Brave team. I wrote explaining the issue as I knew it at the time.

2 Likes

Hi. Any news on that issue @steeven?

Hey @Asad - can you look into this?

Sorry for the delay @Crosstown - weā€™ll get to the bottom of this.

Thanks @steeven, appreciate it.

Hi guys, I have reached out via the [email protected]

and received an email saying "this is not active support and you will not receive a response.

Iā€™m just wondering if anyone can please help me get the BAT tokens sent to brave publishers with auto contribute. Thanks in advance.

same hereā€¦
2 week - no response

DM sent