For Brave users impacted by the Auto-Contribute bug

This bug is still an issue. Despite following the directions above for the BAT I lost in November, I never got them back. Yesterday, I lost the BAT from December.

Auto-contribute is still off…

Is there a better way to report issues and get resolution?

3 Likes

This has also happened to me now. Has anyone had their issue resolved?

3 Likes

I Also have this issue and have sent an email
Got a reply to my email, and have subsequently replied asking what info I needed to send to implement refund but have not heard anything back. Any timeframe ideas or advice on what I need to send support will be appreciated

2 Likes

This has just happened to me on Android too. Not a great start to me using Brave

1 Like

@Asad @eljuno, Is this going to be resolved or not? Why are no staff responding to the concerns posted on this thread? The last staff response was almost 2 weeks ago!

1 Like

I’m also using Brave on Android, and copy-pasting “brave://rewards-internals” into the URL only brings up a Google search. What’s my next step?

1 Like

This happened to me a couple of months ago. I don’t have pictures or the exactly dates anymore, but I complained here. I lost a good amount of the BATs I had then… Can I still get it back?

Thanks.

2 Likes

If i dont get refunded i’'ll be kicking up a huge stink. I will actively seek to make it cost much more than the BAT i lost. I’ve got 3 weeks holidays and plenty of time to make it hurt! Unsecure funds on this platform could easily bring it down in a big way.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m currently working through these refunds now. It’s a manual process, so it’ll take some time – but rest assured everyone WILL be refunded!

If you haven’t written in to [email protected] yet with your data from brave://rewards-internals and the estimated amount of BAT you lost, please do so and we’ll get back to you as soon as we are able.

3 Likes

Hey @Deoxy, can you PM me your Uphold email address? I can issue you a direct refund, provided you are fully verified.

2 Likes

@renacaceres how much BAT did you estimate you lost? Did you write in to support yet?

2 Likes

Hey @successfulharvest, just sent a refund your way. Should have arrived directly in your wallet!

4 Likes

Hey Asad … this is a joke right
I got my refund, thanks for that but now I am literally watching the BAT drain from my account in 4.75 BAT amounts every few seconds … I have auto contribute turned off and only Auto tipping 2 BATS as a test
Whats going on???

Edit: and now in a matter of minutes its all gone again!!!

1 Like

@Asad, is the support email [email protected] or [email protected]? I sent an email to both? Which is correct?

2 Likes

@bgdv378 it’s [email protected] (for publishers related stuff). :slight_smile:

I don’t see a ticket under the email address you registered on Community with; did you write in with a different address? If so, please PM it to me and I’ll refund you straight away. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @JohnB, So sorry this is happening! Can you send me via PM a screenshot of your rewards panel (notably, the summary section)?

Also, please make sure you update to the latest version of Brave!

3 Likes

Just a reminder to everyone in the thread that if you’re emailing in, Make sure you are on the latest version of Brave or you may lose your BAT again. In your email, please include a screenshot of your “About Brave” page indicating that you are on the latest version of Brave.

3 Likes

I am good. It was only my wife’s wallet which was affected. Thanks for the quick resolution.
:smile:

3 Likes

Thank you i have received my refund. much appreciated

3 Likes

Hi Brave Team

I sent email about my issue as well. Please check. https://paste.pics/7K6S5
@Asad, can you help me?

Thank you

2 Likes