Fonts Not Loading Correctly

Description of the issue:
Some websites have weird fonts that are not correct. Its a weird not filled in version of the font and in most cases the correct font is not displayed. It only happens on some websites. Started about a week ago.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Visit op.gg or search on google(?) I dont think it happens for anyone else only me. It also happens in a regular chrome browser, I just wondered if anyone could help.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
http://prntscr.com/o1jrft - Not correct font for this website
http://prntscr.com/o1jrl5 - Most annoying one, sometimes happens on google searches
Expected result:
The correct fonts to be loaded.
Reproduces how often:
with op.gg it happens every time, I dont know how I got it to happen on a google search. Some other websites are affected but I cannot think of any off the top.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 0.65.118 Chromium: 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10
Additional Information:

Since I can’t verify the site I can’t make a judgement call

Apparently, turning off hardware acceleration fixes similar issues. Give it a shot by toggling it in chrome://settings/system

See:

You cant verify google?

I meant the screenshot they weren’t too detailed

Unfortunately that did not fix it. Would it possibly be due to installing photoshop? I heard it links your computer to fonts somehow and can screw stuff up.

@ZachH,
Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the way the fonts display on your end?

They are in the description but here is another more inclusive screenshot: http://prntscr.com/o1yhbx

As @hnktong suggested, does disabling Hardware Acceleration in Settings help resolve the issue?

Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Unfortunately that did not work. Here is another example of it happening on my best buy application website: download

I replied to you but for some reason it did not show that I replied directly. Please see my new reply to the thread for a response.

Another example of text that is not in the correct font. All 3 fonts shown here are not what shows on my phone when I pull up the same page.

EDIT: I figured out that the outlined text is supposed to be bold.

@ZachH,
Sorry – can I a screenshot of the page in its entirety? Feel free to redact/mark out any personal/private information on the page but I’d like to see the whole page on Best Buy as well.

Additionally, can you try setting Device Recognition to Allow all in the Shields panel?

Oh I see… Hmm interesting. And this is when using Windows 10, correct? Not 7?

Yes. This is on windows 10. I fixed the outline only text by uninstalling helvectia on my computer (a font). This leaves me with some fonts that are still screwed up. Allowing Device Recognition did not work. Here is a picture with the messed up fonts circled. I am assuming it is due to installed fonts on my pc but I dont know which ones. Thank you.

I dont like to be spamming threads but here is another example of how the text is messed up now that I have fixed the bold text. Notice how wavy it is:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.