Flash player not working on Linux Debian ()

Running Brave browser for the first time here. Version 0.58.21 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit). I’ve install flahs player into /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/ manually.

I’ve came across this post:
https://community.brave.com/t/flash-isnt-working-audio-or-video-is-not-working/14

But the post is outdated. “about:preferences#plugins” is not working in my browser. So I’m not sure about where I need to enabled flash plugin.

I found something into Settings > Security & Privacy > Content Settings > Flash. I change the settings to “Ask First”. But is doesn’t change a thing for me.

May I get confirmation about the installation step for flash player for recent version ?

Hi @ikus060,

You can click padlock icon at URL bar. There you’ll find Flash setting.

I already know about the “per-site” settings placed in the url bar. Even when I select “Allow” for flash, it’s still not working.

Made little progress on the subject, but still can’t get fully working.
So far, I only got “This plugins is not supported” where I should see flash.

When starting brave with “–ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/ --ppapi-flash-version=32.0.0.114” I get “Right click to run Adobe Flash Player”.

I do right click, and click “Run This Plugin”, but it’s does nothing.

Try creating the flash folder under user/lib64/ and check. You don’t need to pass any path while launching the browser. There is an issue with Linux and Flash and its logged here

I saw this ticket earlier, but it doesn’t provide any solution or workarround.

I’ve created the folder /usr/lib64/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/ and copied manifest.json and libpepflashplayer.so Did change a thing.

The only way to make it work is by running brave-browser --ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=32.0.0.114

Not very convenient.

Will add this into the ticket for traceability.

1 Like

Yes that issue is only to get the problem fixed. Its for reference only. If you are a git user please do add your workaround.

Just to be sure you meant to say didn't or did?

I mean It didn’t change a thing. Creating files in /usr/lib64/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/ is not working.

1 Like

Thanks for adding the note in the issue. I’ll close this thread for now any further conversation can be done on the github issue so that the developers get the details as well.