Troubleshooting Flash issues
If Flash isn’t working on a site, check the following before opening an issue:
- Is Flash for Brave installed from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer? Even if Flash has been installed before, it may not be the version that is required for Brave.
- Is Flash enabled in Preferences > Plugins (about:preferences#plugins) in Brave?
- If a site still thinks Flash isn’t installed and displays a link for you to install Flash, click the link. Brave should detect this and show a notification asking whether you want to run Flash on the site.
If Brave does not detect your Flash installation on Linux:
/usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/if it doesn’t already exist.
- In it, copy
manifest.jsonfrom a working Chrome/chromium profile directory.
To check if Flash is installed and enabled:
- Go to homestarrunner.com.
- You should see a placeholder telling you to right-click to run Flash.
Make sure you download PPAPI Flash.
Why Flash is not enabled by default?
Flash support is not desirable in general because it’s not an open technology and is slowly dying off. It frequently has security problems and causes stability problems in other browsers.
See https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Flash-Support-Deprecation-Proposal for more information.