Flagged Brave Rewards Profile with new cloned ssd drive on Windows 10

Briefly describe your issue:

I cloned and replaced my old hard drive with a new ssd one, before making the change I disconnected and unverified my brave rewards profile from uphold. Then, when I started using my new drive, I updated my brave browser and everything that needed to update on my windows 10 home, but now I don’t receive rewards nor ads and when I try to verify my wallet on uphold it says that my brave rewards has been flagged.

Thank you for your time and for your support.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build. 19043.1620

Brave: Version 1.37.111 Chromium: 100.0.4896.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

Not on this device

What date did you verify your wallet?

the first time was around December 2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Not usually, only on certain sites when needed, or I use other browsers for those situations.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes I am in a supported region, Venezuela.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

No, never.

Hmmm, as far as I know, you shouldn’t have disconnected anything in your Brave Rewards config. Just a mirror-like clone should have been enough, as we mentioned in this very thread. Multiple Devices
The thing is, though, if both instances ran simultaneously (and I feel like this is a complex meaning really), as @Saoiray mentioned, you could get your browser flagged.

1 Like

Thanks XD. Well, I at least run brave on my phone and on another mini laptop I used while repairing my main laptop. Well, I did disconnect the brave wallet just in case because I didn’t know what problems may arise from making a mirror-like clone of my old drive. I haven’t run them simultaneously since I just disconnected everything in brave, replaced the drive and started using the new one.

I had to fix the boot sector tho, because my windows system had been updated from windows 8 to 10 a few years ago so that brought problems with the boot partition.

But what I can do now? since my brave rw prof is still flagged XD

Let us wait for @steeven then.

1 Like

So yeah, I “fixed the problem” by just resetting the wallet and uninstalling brave completely, even the registry left overs just in case. I didn’t have a significant amount of BAT so, it hurt less than not receiving bat for days.

Now I receive ads and bat. But, now Uphold says that I have reached the limit in verified devices but actually I have only 2 active right now jajjajaja. Now I have to deal with that…

1 Like

Here is how to remove an old device (the one you just disconnected)

1 Like

Thank you, I am already filling the form. But, I couldn’t find my walled ID on my phone :joy:, it doesn’t show on brave://rewards-internals/ . I will have to verify it again when the time comes, a tiny sacrifice I guess XD.

The wallet I’d(s) for #3 in the screenshots are for wallets currently connected that you want to keep.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.