Fix for Large Roll-Over Balances is Live in v1.40.105

Mine is better though I should have emphasised that this would vary user to user especially region-wise.

Brave Release v1.40.106-

Nightly v1.42.43-

All had 2-4 BAT rolled-over last month.

I would suggest, send you logs to Terry Mancey if possible- Nightly version rewards issue - #50 by Saoiray. And add that this is for “large roll-over balance” and not Nightly Ads issue.

Out of almost 100 bat between 2 laptop for the 4th month in a row I’m getting 0.54 bat on 1 and the other I’m get 1.209 Bat and 94.197 is rolling over

Thanks… I sent the email, let’s see if anything happens or not.
But this is very very disappointing. I was getting 50% before, now after the “fix” the entire BAT is rolled over!

what is this this time its even worst then last month only .07BAT out of 15BAT

2 Likes

My bat has been rolling over for 4 month now

1 Like

@Mattches @steeven @Saoiray What is this? it’s been 3rd month in a row happening like this. even if i create a support ticket then their response will be late and in that time the whole month passed an again the same this month. if this month payout is not given full or at least 70% then there is no use of using brave as default browser. i have been using brave instead of chrome for every small work . If brave doesn’t fulfill what they say about rewarding bat token then its hard to trust on them especially with our privacy. I hope everybody notices this post and be aware of what brave are doing. If brave doesnt act as they said last month about reconciliation of all ads in next month payout then after the payout period i will and i ask everybody to go to playstore and app store and rate brave with negative. Thank You. I hope brave will fix the issue this soon. Thank You. :pray: :pray:

for me it showed 4 bat will be arriving it in 7 days and after 5min it showed 0.1 will be arriving.

That’s bad. Just wanted to confirm, @Deepak993635 @y2k @psbisht @f4firaz @Paresh are you guys on the latest version (v1.40.105/106 or above)? Did you updated last month?

And since, this update was pushed late last month, it’s possible that Ads didn’t get reconciled/cashed-out in time. And Ads could still be processing as some of you have large roll-over balance than me. But only support will be able to tell with certainty.

1 Like

Yes, I am on the latest version in both the browsers. I checked especially after reading this thread yesterday morning and verified that I am on the latest version.
Yeah, it is very disappointing, that the issue has only became more severe after the fix.
Kinda feel like it is waste to spend anytime on brave(for the bat) and better to switch back to firefox as the primary one.

And in my android stable brave, it is showing as payout of 0.01 and rolled over 7.5 BAT. I guess, will wait for any response from the brave team to see if there is any hope or not

1 Like

My brave browser is updated to latest version. I keep on checking for updates every now and then. So being on an old version cannot be the reason for me. I think brave is fooling us for sure . otherwise they would have fixed the issue. its been 3 months niw. And now you can see that they are bringing new updates where you wont get ntp ads etc etc. So brave is no longer like before.

1 Like

That doesn’t explain why people are not only not getting the rolled over bat but they aren’t even getting most of the bat earned in just June. They’re still getting a fraction per month with evidently none of the rolled over bat. According to the “arriving” message, anyway.

EDIT: The "salt in the wound’ part is that people have to wait an entire month to see if that month will be the month they get paid. Month after month.

3 Likes

Yeah, absolutely. I had requested a feature previously for this same reason- An Additional Counter to Show Reconciled/Processed Earnings. Hopefully someone in the Brave team goes through it again.

2 Likes

Just to get more eyes on it- THREAD: "BAT payout significantly less than estimated earnings" issue

@Cored If you can make sure you are using the latest version for ~30 mins then send your logs I can let you know if all is working as expceted. Thanks

1 Like

I’ll try to do it later today.

1 Like

@tmancey

I’m still working on getting 30 mins of logs for you, but I noticed this:

[Jul 01, 2022, 5:07:49.5 PM:INFO:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(81)] RedeemUnblindedPaymentTokens
[Jul 01, 2022, 5:07:49.5 PM:VERBOSE2:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(90)] PUT /v2/confirmation/payment/{payment_id}
[Jul 01, 2022, 5:07:49.6 PM:VERBOSE6:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(103)] URL Request:
URL: https://mywallet.ads.brave.com/v2/confirmation/payment/[redacted]
Content: {“odyssey”:“host”,“payload”:“{"paymentId":"[redacted]"}”,“paymentCredentials”:[{“confirmationType”:“view”,“credential”:

… Lots of json data here. I don’t know what’s private so I just redacted it

[Jul 01, 2022, 5:07:50.2 PM:INFO:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(116)] OnRedeemUnblindedPaymentTokens
[Jul 01, 2022, 5:07:50.2 PM:VERBOSE6:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(118)] URL Response:
URL: https://mywallet.ads.brave.com/v2/confirmation/payment/[redacted]
Response Status Code: 500
Response: {“message”:“request entity too large”,“expected”:1289690,“length”:1289690,“limit”:1048576,“type”:“entity.too.large”}

I’ll send the 30 min log in a bit.

Thank you we are investigating the cause of this error

To investigate further we would need your wallet id from brave://rewards-internals

I’ll pass it along when I message you with the log file. I’ll probably have to zip it up, huh?

It’s really not that big of a deal. We aren’t talking about a large amount of money. But it’s still very annoying and I’m stubborn.

I’d be interested in knowing if the problem is because too many ads are sent at one time for reconciliation. Hence the error ‘request entity too large’ in the snippet I posted. Anyways, I’ll send the log in a few mins.