Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.15063
OS Architecture: x64
Hi everyone, I just heard about Brave recently from an infosec contact and decided to try it out myself. So far I love the feature set, but am having a rocky time getting started - mostly around bookmarks.
- First of all the import from Firefox function failed completely. The first time I got a prompt that FF must be closed, so I closed it. Then when nothing appeared to happen I tried again, after which I got a successful notification - but still no bookmarks. I closed/reopened the browser and repeated that same process with the same results. Ultimately I exported bookmarks from FF manually to HTML, and manually imported to Brave.
- I’m missing the ability to expand/collapse folders in the bookmark manager
- Reordering bookmarks on the bookmark toolbar is very difficult. They jump around sometimes in (apparently) unpredictable ways, sometimes ending up in other folders on the toolbar, so then I have to figure out where they ended up and try again to move them around.
- I’m missing the ability to automatically sort bookmarks within folders by name (forward & reverse)
*Favicons keep disappearing on the bookmarks toolbar. This is annoying when at least half of mine are favicon only. Examples:
- This site never loads a favicon in Brave, works fine in every other browser: https://identitysafe.norton.com/password-generator/
- (as a new user I’m limited to 2 links, so that’s all I can share right now)
I’ve spent an hour and a half trying to get my bookmark bar sorted the way I want, and am officially giving up for the night.
- Sync - wish it included extensions and regular browser settings
- When moving mouse across the browser the tab previews pop up so quickly it’s very jarring. Would be nice to have a delay on hover, so you have to hover for a second (or adjustable time) before the preview pops up.
Please let me know what additional information you need to troubleshoot, or if there are any known workarounds for the issues I’ve listed.