Muon: 2.58.9
libchromiumcontent: 58.0.3029.96
V8: 5.8.283.37
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 10.0.14393
os.arch: x64

Perhaps @sampson could answer this because I raised a question that was similar but that time it was related to the revealing of the browser identity.

Do we have to fiddle about with the Shields icon every time?

This particular domain site compared to the others listed below - namecheap.com becomes completely dysfunctional. I raise this topic because it used to also happen with protonmail.com as well but no longer does. I know toggling the fingerprinting protection fixes this but the reason for blocking doesn’t make much sense.

Sticking to the dysfunctionality bit, Luke told me that ‘Regarding YouTube ‘html5: video file not found’ This issue is being investigated.’ which is good to know but was just wondering as I came across this issue, when something doesn’t work, couldn’t Brave come up with a feature not exactly like EFF’s Privacy Badger but something similar where by Brave intelligently recognises what is breaking a site and once toggled in ‘Ad & Track’ controls, it refreshes to assume whether it fixed it or not. I say this because currently you have to turn off shield completely to make it functional again, it would also may go a long way in the number of topics being issued related to something similar like Leaving shields turned on breaks MyPoints.com.

I hope you don’t think I’m contradicting myself here with the above statement.

networksolutions
123-reg
uk.godaddy

Fingerprinting protection and blocking scripts will do some funky stuff for sites.

We do warn folks in preferences, but probably could do more on the lion menu.

We will need good folks like yourself reporting when fingerprinting protection breaks web compatibility. :slight_smile: https://community.brave.com/c/qa/web-compatibility

Hi @alex this is why I created a topic related to what I’m about to ask for, which is in the community.brave home page a dedicated category for these issues so they can be immediately apprehended.
I don’t if you remember but I mentioned something similar in the comments section for you guys to create something on the left side of the categories platform for certain extensions. Original Developer’s Participation

This way more developers can not only help you efficiently port it over but also so they can then dedicate themselves to three browsers.
I also linked a possible suggestion here. Please don’t think I’m trying to be rude but I imagine you’ll be running about like headless chickens if a security breach occurred. How will you push updates for future extensions?

I hope you don’t think I went way of topic because always reporting by creating a individual topic every time seems like it would take much more time to apprehend such as the ‘open in browser’ version of Wire not opening https://wire.com/en/

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.