Fingerprinting attempt from subdomain

Description of the issue:
I have a website xyz.example.com It contains a iframe from abc.example.com. For the site, abc.example.com to work properly, it requires fingerprinting permission. By default the brave shields is set to block the cross-site fingerprinting. I want to make my website work without changing this permission. As I own both the websites, what changes I can have to work without changing the brave shields. I am hosting xyz.example.com and abc.example.com in different servers.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
Yes. Fingerprinting attempts

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Iā€™m not sure if this is an easy fix, maybe localise the fingerprinting to one server, and make the user aware you need it enabled?

I used the proxy pass from nginx on the xyz.example.com server. Provided a location to the other subdomain abc.example.com using nginx. After that brave browser recognized it as a same site. After that default option for fingerprinting worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.