"Find on Page" causing Brave to intermittently become non-responsive (Mac)

Since updating to 0.18.14 I’ve noticed some odd behavior relating to the “Find on Page” feature (command F on Mac), which I use fairly extensively. I have not been able to reproduce the issue precisely, but have observed roughly the following:

• about half of the time I do a Command F and then type in a search string, things work fine
  • about 25% of the time I do this, I get a Mac beach ball for a few seconds, and then the search works fine
  • about 25% of the time I do this, I get a Mac beach ball that never recovers, and all brave tabs have become unresponsive. If I go to Force Quit, Brave shows as not responding, and I have to perform a Force Quit and restart the browser.

Often when I’m using the Find on Page feature, I’ve copied/pasted into the search string box, as opposed to typing.
Not sure if this is related, but I’ve also noticed some new occasional beach ball behavior (that usually clears itself within a few seconds) when copy/pasting within brave in general (i.e. not via the Find on Page feature). So I’m not sure if the issue is related to the Find on Page feature itself, or copying/pasting, or both.

Brave: 0.18.14
rev: ad92d029e184c4cff01b2e9f4916725ba675e3c8
Muon: 4.3.6
libchromiumcontent: 60.0.3112.78
V8: 6.0.286.44
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: macOS
OS Release: 15.6.0
OS Architecture: x64

Mac OSx 10.11.6

Thanks for reporting! The beach ball fix should be heading out the door soon.

Do you have any favorite domains to replicate this bug? We’d be glad to try it to confirm it’s fixed.

Thanks!! Most commonly it happens when I’m working within the google mail interface or google docs interface…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.