Description of the issue:
Under certain circumstances (see “steps to reproduce”), it’s possible to appear to shift focus to one window, while focus actually stays in a textarea on another window.
Steps to Reproduce
- You’ll need two windows – one with a textarea, the other with some/any searchable text
- Focus on the textarea window & type in the textarea
- Toggle focus (by clicking or cmd-`) to the other window
- cmd-F to bring up the search overlay
- Type something in the search overlay
- Toggle focus back to the textarea window, and type in the textarea
- Using the mouse, click in the search overlay on the other window
- You should see that window get focus (it comes to the front) & a cursor appears in the search overlay
- Start typing. If you’re having the problem I’m having, your typing will be happening in the textarea on the window that appears to be not-in-focus
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Actual results (as in “steps to reproduce”) is that typing happens in non-focused window
Typing should occur in a selected input field on the window that has focus.
Reproduces how often:
Every time the “steps to reproduce” are followed.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Brave Version 0.61.52 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)