Feedback: mining while browsing/watching videos much glitchier than Chrome

I often mine cryptocurrencies (via GPU) and I’ve found that with the Brave browser my performance is much worse while mining than it is with Chrome while mining. With Chrome I can watch Youtube videos and browse all kinds of website but with Brave the videos will freeze every few seconds and are much glitchier than I’m used to. Now I know it’s not your responsibility to make Brave work while someone is using their GPU at nearly 100% but somehow Chrome does so with much better performance. Therefore I find it hard to continually use Brave when I could be making passive money on the side while using Chrome with no problems. This is constructive criticism and I hope one day it won’t be an issue because I love what Brave is doing for the public. Maybe there is even some sort of setting that would help with performance in this respect. Thank you.

EDIT: I just disabled hardware acceleration, maybe that will fix the issue. Feels better so far :slight_smile:

Brave doesn’t allow mining, it’s blocked in the browser, to protect users CPUs from getting damaged.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I don’t mean an in browser miner, I mean a GPU miner running on the same computer as the browser. It seems as though disabling hardware acceleration has fixed this issue, however.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.