Just I want to give my feedback after using Brave for the last 2 months. I came to the conclusion that it cannot be used as my daily browser. Please dont jump on me. I know it is still in developer mode and not ready for prime time.
My comments are this:
- The community is very active and friendly. Especially @eljuno is very active and helpful.
- very fast. But sometimes too slow as well (not responsive)
- Installation does not show what it is doing. same for uninstallation too. (i know its for safety purpose not giving users options. But at least a window showing what these things are doing).
- confusing names. Dev in the download section of the home page is preview of the release candidate. There is another developer version which is the actual developer version (currently at 0.21.x).
- bitdefender is not up to date for some time. As of today it is saying latest version. This should be kept up to date as these are password managers and security is important.
- The default setting of bitdefender is to never lock it. Instead I prefer this to be lock on restart. So that once the browser is closed bitdefender is also logged out. If that is unlocked it is safety concern. (in chome and firefox it choses lock upon closing the browser).
- A easier page where one can download release, beta, developer and nightly versions as mentioned in one of the blog will be greatly appreciated.
- If possible a dark theme is needed. I know it is in progress. But since this is a summary of my experience I leave it here.
- when site isolation is selected many sites are useless. So I cannot select that option. Hope this will be improved.
- Seriously the suggestions for top site which pops up while typing in the address bar need to be changed. I got sites like sina.com.cn and sohu.com etc when typing the letter “s”. I was just curious to see what it is. In this sina.com.cn alone has 68 ads blocked by brave on the first time. Please make this something useful.
- I still have Brave dev and developer installed. Will check this once a week at least. But cant be used as my daily browser as stated above.
Thanks for the novel concept. I am sure much better things are on the way.