Favorite Bookmarks section showing on iOS, but not properly syncing/displaying on Mac OS

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue: iOS is showing a list of bookmarks in a folder named “Favorites”, but after sync items were removed from Mac OS and are not displaying in a “Favorites” folder anywhere.

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Once installed on both devices I ran sync.
  2. Once synced, on iOS I switched some bookmarks so that “Favorites” was marked instead of “bookmarks” which saved them in an easier to locate location in iOS under “Show More” on the New Tab screen.
  3. Since changing things to “Favorites” everything on iOS I marked as “Favorites” has disappeared from Mac OS completely. I don’t see a Favorites section anywhere in relation to the Bookmarks. It seems like maybe the section on the New Tab screen in Mac OS has a section for my Favorites in a similar spot as on iOS, but it is only displaying blocks for 6 of the 16+ favorites I made on iOS. There appears to be no way to open up the choices to have more options that should be displaying. (ie. iOS has the option for “Show More” on the New Tab page which shows all of my Favorites. This is not the case on the New Tab page on Mac OS.)**

**Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result: I expected with sync that Mac OS would likely be similar to iOS and have a “Show More” button on the New Tab page or a “Favorites” tab somewhere in the bookmarks bar.

Reproduces how often: The only chance it could happen has continued and has not self corrected from sync.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2 and Brave Browser Version 1.2.42 Chromium: 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: Perhaps I am just blind and cannot see anywhere that says “Favorites” with the favorites I chose on iOS.

Hi, @hugginsjl. Nice job reporting this issue; your information is complete and clear.

I’m a fellow user and don’t have a solution, but commiserate in that my bookmarks kept getting so jumbled and duplicated between my desktops and iOS device that I finally turned off sync. Maybe investing time in finding a solution would have paid off, but I didn’t have the bandwidth.

So, to the Brave folks like @Mattches, +1 on Sync needing work.

1 Like

Glad i’m not alone in having these sync issues. Something I don’t have a clear answer on… Any idea if the counters on the New Tab page are supposed to sync between the two as well? Ads & Trackers Blocked/HTTPS Upgrades/Est. Time Saved? Mac OS and iOS have their own numbers instead of totaling together (like I was expecting).

I don’t know. It would make sense, but I don’t see it in a quick review of the main Brave page or in the Help page for Sync (https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001330932-Sync). My recollection is that Sync between iOS devices and desktops was more challenging for some reason, so they were focusing on getting bookmarks synchronizing, but there’s apparently work left to do there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.