FANTOM Network Bug on Brave Wallet Has My Funds Locked

I am using the latest version of brave: Version Version 1.32.113 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I’m on a macbook pro running MacOs version 10.15.7 and using Intel chip.

Description of the issue:

The Brave wallet is not properly recognizing my funds on the Fantom Network.

The token that has a bug right now in my wallet is HEC (not showing the right value).

Basically, this glitch is preventing me from sending or using my funds in the wallet.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. install fantom network on brave wallet
  2. add HEC token in visible asset (I used 8 decimals while filling out the form)
  3. put the funds inside

Additional Information:

I’ve included a screenshot of what I’m seeing in my wallet dashboard. Hopefully that will be enough to explain the bug.

The first screenshot shows the true value of HEC in my wallet.

The second screenshot shows that I cannot send my HEC because the Brave wallet says there is none.

Just a random bloke on the internet but I’ll try to help. Could you try removing the fantom network from Brave and then re-adding it from chainlist.org ? If that doesn’t work maybe you can also restore your wallet on another web3 wallet like Metamask or Rabby just to see if you can view your funds from there and make sure that Brave Wallet is the problem.

The Fantom Network on the wallet works. Otherwise, i wouldn’t have been able to bridge my FTM on the Eth network to fantom network through spiritswap in the first place.

I did consider restoring my brave wallet on Metamask using Google Chrome instead of the Brave browser.

The problem is that I don’t know how to access my private key or json file on my Brave wallet, which is required to import my wallet over to Metamask.

Oh, if you go on “Accounts” you should see a “back up now” option next to your primary wallet. Selecting that will take you to your 12-word seed phrase.

You’re right! I managed to import my wallet to Firefox with my private seed phrase and regained access to my coins.

Only lost 115$ from the 0.5 HEC token that was lost somewhere. Never managed to recover it. (Rip)

Thank you so much for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.