Failed Download - Insufficient Permissions (FIXED?)

I also use Avast and was having the same downloading issues. I think I may have resolved the downloading issues as per the following steps with my avast app:
Go to the menu; settings; general; blocked & allowed app > unblock the Brave app

Taking those steps seems to have fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

I have used Brave for a long time and have always been able to download files on Brave that I want to keep to my desktop – until about a week ago, when a message came from Avast (free version) and I clicked “no” instead of “allow” – not understanding, it turns out, what I was doing. Since then, every single time I try to download anything, I always get “Failed - Insufficient permissions” message. I have tried to fix this by rebooting, re-installing Brave, using settings to change permissions, etc., etc., etc. Nothing has worked. I have to use Chrome or Firefox to get the downloads. Windows 10 is what is on my computer.

1 Like

I tried suggestion from Bodhitree, which I didn’t see until after posting description of my problem a few minutes ago – IT WORKED!!! Thank you!!!

1 Like

Thank you all for your help, I’m not really sure why, but the problem seems to have fixed itself.

We reached out to Avast and have “de-flagged” our binaries so this issue should now be resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.