Failed - Blocked

Description of the issue: For quite some time now every time I’m trying to download an exe file Brave is blocking it saying Failed - Blocked in the left bottom corner and it’s automatically deleting the file. It’s really annoying for me as I have to open Edge browser to download a single file every time. I don’t have very fast internet connection and it made me download a 2GB file twice which took me 2 hours in total I believe.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Download any exe file

Expected result: I expect you to either fix it or give me a hit on how to disable this in options as I can’t find anything related to it.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 0.69.132 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: N/A

@FilipX,
Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you try the solution for a similar report described here and see if it resolves your issue as well?

1 Like

Hello, Mattches
Unfortunately I have this option always on in every browser and so I had in this case, turning it on and off didn’t make any difference and I’m still having this issue (just tested it now to be sure and it’s still blocked).

@FilipX,
To confirm, you’re saying that any/all browsers you attempt to download files in give you this (or a very similar) warning message?

No, only Brave gives me this messages, other browsers give me a warning or just download straight away without any messages, I get some notifications from Eset antivirus but I’m ignoring it and then I have to unblock the file in its properties.

1 Like

@FilipX,
What if you just turn the option off?

Which option? In antivirus? If yes then I had this problem before installing Eset but I have been hacked recently and got an antivirus just in case :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.