Facebook Messages not opening when I click them, as of today?

Description of the issue:
Facebook message window not opening in Brave, as of today.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I click the messages icon, I see a dropdown list of messsage, I’ve got the hand icon, but nothing happens when I click. See All in Messenger is the only way I can read them now. No problems yesterday or any other day. Turning Brave shield off makes no difference. Although left click does nothing, I can right click and select open in new tab, and that works, but I don’t want a whole screen. I want the small popup windows. Chrome still works and opens the small window with my message.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Nothing.
Expected result:
Small message window should have opened.
Reproduces how often:
Every time now. I rebooted, and it did not help.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10, 18362, Brave Version 0.66.99 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:

@stuartpierce,
Thanks for reaching out. I understand that clicking the Messages icon on the top reveals the dropdown but does not show any of the actual messages. If you view your chat window (that holds your active friends list) and click on a friends name there, do the regular message windows that appear at the bottom of the screen display or do you get the same result?

I have a feeling this is a caching issue – would you mind trying to login to Facebook while using a Private browsing session and see if the behavior is the same?

Thank you! Clicking on friends in the sidebar does nothing (there is a small description popup that appears to the left of the friends name, but no messages.)
Private browsing session works perfectly. I guess I’ll try to clear the cache.
Clearing the last 24 hours from the cache fixed the problem. I should have tried that first. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

Just to confirm this for me too, but clearing browser cache as advised has solved the issue.

1 Like