Facebook login to Orbitz not working but Chome works

Version 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
macOS 10.14.3

Facebook login is not working on Orbitz as follows:

However, it works with Chrome.

Is there any setting preventing the login through FB?

@farleylai,
It’s likely that Shields is set to block 3rd party cookies here. This protection would block Orbitz from requesting cookie information from FB when you attempt to authenticate.
On Orbitz, open your Shields panel (lion icon on the top right) and change the cookie setting to Allow all cookies (note that this will only apply to orbitz, and you’ll likely be able to re-enable 3p cookie blocking after you’ve successfully authenticated) and you should be able to login without issue.

Let me know if this works for you.

1 Like

Thanks, disabling the protection works on Orbitz!

BTW, I also have another concern about the cash back portal tracking such as TopCashBack, EBates and etc. Do they work with Brave by default? Or disabling the protection is a must too on both portal and the target website?

Great question!
Unfortunate answer: it really depends on the site. Different sites will employ different tracking methods for different reasons. It’s hard to tell whether or not a site will have sophisticated techniques which may block or redirect you from content if an ad-blocker is detected, which sites leverage fingerprinting techniques (which Brave blocks), the type of authentication being used - lots of variables involved.

If you encounter a site that’s not functioning properly, testing Shields up/down is often the fastest way to confirm whether or not this is a site not displaying properly because of Brave itself, or if Brave is blocking something that is preventing the site from displaying properly.

1 Like

Hmm, it seems like trial and error is so far the way to go at the risk of losing cashback.
Maybe it is possible to capture/log the tracking mechanism from a particular website during the redirection process?

Which site in particular are you concerned with?

@farleylai,
I’m actually going to close this thread as the discussion is moving off track to a different topic. If you still have more questions re: banking/cash sites, please open a new topic with the relevant information and I’ll be more than happy to continue the discussion/assist you there.
Thank you!