Facebook Image Upload Fails

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Uploading an image to: https://www.facebook.com/
  2. Shields On/Off makes no difference
  3. Clearing browser cache and reloading the browser and/or the webpage makes no difference

Expected result:
Image upload with no errors
Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116
Additional Information:
I am running a Debian-based Linux OS (MX Linux) using the system repository to install Brave. Other Linux browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Chromium) have no issues uploading an image.
Error code: RESULT_CODE_UNINSTALL_USER_CANCEL

Hey @stevedude Can you re-test with brave://settings/socialBlocking with Facebook options enabled

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks Ryan for such a prompt response. I already had that setting enabled when I first installed Brave. I think I may have found a consistent pattern. I am able to post .jpg files without a problem except for Pintrest pictures.

Example: If I go to a site and save a .jpg picture, then post to Facebook, there doesn’t seem to be an issue. However, if I try to use a Pintrest site picture, save it, then post to Facebook, I will get an error.

Maybe they have some special coding in their pictures?

Steve

Does turning off site-trackers in shields helps? If so, can you copy/paste the filters in use when the issue occurs. @stevedude

I’ve tested my Linux system at home according to your suggestion of turning off site-trackers and I think that may have been the issue with Pintrest. I’ve tried various graphic formats (.png, jpg, etc) and they will upload to Facebook with no issues.

The screenshot are the settings that seem to work:

Steve

Hey @stevedude can you re-enable Cross-site Trackers in shields, then attempt to upload an image. When it fails, copy/paste (ctrl-c/z) the into pastebin.com ?

Link the pasted pastebin url details here

OK, the Pastebin didn’t work, I create a new paste and I receive no link or anything so I’ve enclosed the URL of a picture that failed to upload along with a screenshot of the error. I was originally mistaken, it’s definitely the
“Scripts Blocked” shield that causes this. Once enable, I cannot save a Pintrest picture and upload to Facebook.

Pintrest pic URL: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/54/37/19/5437196faa1b2c40ca278b98ca623f32.jpg

Screenshot also enclosed…

Steve

Brave_Error.png

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.