Extra Tab opens on Brave Start (solved)

I have Brave set to open my home on start up. Today I got a notification new tab for an update to an extension. Now, every time Brave starts my home page starts as usual butt he same notification tab also opens. Brave setting only show my home page and I cannot figure out why this second tab keeps opening.

Hello @Legion99, thank you for reaching us out. What kind of device and OS do you use? Have you tried deleting cookies and cache?

Do you use have extensions? If so, please try removing all of them or one by one and relaunch the browser to see if that resolves the issue.

Also, if you can you please share a screenshot so we can further investigate the issue.

Regards.

I cleared cookies etc, which had no effect. But I have fixed the issue by removing the extension. I disabled it to start with, but the pop up kept reenabling it, so I removed it completely and the extra tab stopped. I have attached the extra tab / extension details and system details FYI. I’m guessing it is a problem with the extension. Whatever the problem is now gone. Thanks for your reply.