Extra characters on hover over honey and lastpass icons

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112)

Brave: 0.23.19
V8: 6.7.288.46
rev: 178c3fbc045a0cbdbe098db08307503cce952081
Muon: 7.1.3
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Tor: 0.3.3.7 (git-035a35178c92da94)
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.87

Step 1: Downloaded and Installed Brave
Step 2: Moved mouse to Honey and / or LastPass Icon
Step 3: Stopped moving mouse

Screenshots: https://puu.sh/AOwZG/f6119bc0d0.png
https://puu.sh/AOwZW/d615b529df.png

As you can see in the screenshots [PSI] and [PDI] show up before and after each name. If I remember correctly I think they’re HTML elements but I couldn’t find anything on w3schools relating to them. If you need any extra info just ask and I’ll provide it

hi there, 1R1SHMAN04

i just recently tried out the brave browser also … first thing i noticed was some features suddenly sprang to life only after rebooting my computer. may have just been my imagination … or some freak occurrence.

one other thing i’d mention … i checked the url’s for both of your images … virustotal doesn’t like 'em … one of their allies (autoshun) seems to think your links contain ‘malicious’ identifiers. don’t get discouraged … there are 68 total allies virustotal holds in esteem.

additionally, 1R1SHMAN04, your second url never went through … not sure why that was. nothing personal … but i trust virustotal as though it were my own emissary.

g’day to you, sir.

Thanks for reporting @1R1SHMAN04!

We’ve an issue logged for this. I added your +1 to the issue which can be tracked here

Thank you,
:slight_smile:

Sorry, I didn’t see that. Do you want me to delete this report?

Puush is the website that ShareX uses and ShareX is just a screenshot application that I have set up so that when I hit CTRL + ALT+ Prt Sc it lets me select an area and then it uploads the screenshot to my Puush account so that I never lose a screenshot. I’ll use imgur in future posts if it comes up as a dodgy site but I’ve never had a problem with it

No need to delete this report. :slight_smile: We can leave this thread open so other users that have same report can submit their +1 to this thread.

Feel free to open new thread if you have another report.
Thanks.
:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.