Description of the issue
Brave loads extensions for each user you defined in people, but they don’t clean up when you close the only the window of the specific user, unless you close all open Brave windows.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create more people in Brave under People/Manage People
- Open some tabs in your primary user and browse to any public website
- Open Brave Task Manager using [Shift]+[Esc]. You should see the tabs and the default loaded extensions, like Brave Rewards, and PDF Viewer.
- Go to Peope and open Brave with another user you defined in step 1
- Browse to one or two public websites using that person
- Check Task manager again. Duplicate extensions and the other tabs you opened should be visible.
- Close the browser of the second user.
- Check task manager. The additional tabs should be gone that you opened under the other person, but the duplicate extensions should still be running and consuming memory.
The extensions that were loaded with the other person should close when closing that specific Brave window.
Reproduces how often
Version 0.61.52 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no)
I’m using Windows 10 Pro Version 1809. Build 17763.379