Extension "management" is annoying!

extension “management” is annoying !

• I can not update an extension (i.e Metamask 4.9.2 is already out, but brave is stuck at 4.8.0)
  • It’s not obvious where I can find additional extensions and how to install
  • how do I uninstall extensions …

Maybe categorize extension is an “internal store” which have gone through an extensive (security) test, and offer an advanced mode to search for and install chrome(ium) extensions.

Otherwise the browser is more or less useless and I better stay with Chrome where I can manage the extensions myself.

Hi @SvenMeyer,

• I’m not sure about extensions update or when it’ll be updated.
  • You can test it by side-loading the extension. But I think it’ll better to wait for brave-core.
  • Simply toogle the extensions button at Preferences > Extensions

In addition, brave-core is coming with better and more extensions support. My best guess is that with Brave 1.0, Brave will have it’s own store where users can install extensions.

About brave-core aka Brave 1.0 (coming this year) https://brave.com/development-plans-for-upcoming-release/

Thanks for your feedback. I have to admit that I have had no time (to bother) in what respect brave is better than Chrome(ium) with extensions of my choice, which I can add , update & uninstall at will.
I guess I will just uninstall brave and stick with Chrome(ium).

Sad you leave. You may want to try it again when Brave 1.0 is available. It’ll have same functionality like Chrome. You can read more about it on the link I shared above. :slightly_smiling_face: