Extension is crashing Brave

Description of the issue:

I have the extension “Email this page !” installed on my Brave browser. I have set this extension’s option to open my default mail program, which is Thunderbird. As soon as I attempt to email a page, it crashes and closes Brave.

Version 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@Katdarling,
To confirm, the browser does not crash if the extension is disabled/not installed and the same action is performed, right?

Mattches, correct. Even if the extension is not disabled nor uninstalled, Brave is fine - as long as I don’t try to use the extension!

This is the extension I’m referring to. It’s the white envelope.

@Katdarling,
While that is unfortunate, I would recommend straying away from the extension at this time. I will reach out to some of our Shields team members and see if there is anything they can do to help with the conflict between the browser and the extension but generally fixes for this land on the extension side.

Thank you again for the reply, Mattches. The extension works flawlessly in Chrome. For some reason, it and Brave do not get along. It’s a shame, actually, as it’s a sweet, small, workable extension!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.