Export managed passwords to .csv file for import into other external password managers as backup

Export managed passwords to .csv file for import into other external password managers as backup.
Thank you for your consideration.

I am not a Brave dev but I think this is very dangerous

Imagine someone walks up to your computer and gets a compilation of your passwords in 5s.

I would also like this functionality, or at least integration with LastPass import/export. I’m trying to migrate from Brave password management to LastPass.

As far as the concern that “someone walks up to your computer and gets your passwords” it is a reason to use LastPass, or at least use other forms of security on your machine to prevent this. It’s our data - it should be able to be handled as we see fit.

The first thing I would do would be to update to the latest release. Passwords can be exported in both the Muon and Core Brave bulids, but as far as @rdiaz wanting better integration I would move over to the new build for sure.

You are using the Muon Brave build. We have since deprecated Brave Muon in favor of this:

I highly recommend you install the new build and enjoy a much better browsing experience.
It runs in parallel with the Muon version you have installed now, so you don’t have to uninstall or overwrite anything and you can even import data from your previous Brave install into the new build.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks @Mattches

I have a brave payment set to go out in the next 24 hours, so I will switch over once that payment clears. For an even more cutting edge experience, maybe I’ll run the Beta version? I assume that is a core version.

Yep! There’s also the Developer Build - less stable but most “cutting edge” (it goes from Dev channel -->Beta Channel --> Release channel).