Existing tab freezes

Out of 5-6 or more opened tabs, only one tab freezes. It has been issue with 0.19.47 & 48.

I’m sorry for annoying you guys, I imagine it must be frustrating as well considering we thought Brody might have picked up on the main issue.
I was elated with the fact you guys solved close to 400 issues which was brilliant and figure with almost certainty that it will work fine from there on.

I imagine if you’re sort of obligated to use the browsers yourselves and must have had many similar experiences, so when you click on F12 and inspect the Console, does it always indicated one problem to be the issue or a number of things.

Personally, I think because the Brave built-in blocking engine is unique in the browser environment and your fork of Electron (Moun) may be the main reason these freezes and past constant crashes were normal. I’m certainly no expert but I can’t see what other reasons it could be considering it’s been so long you haven’t deduced what the problem is.

On a plus note, in response to users request of password-blocking the browser, the freeze could be a good indication on how to do so once acquiesced. A joke of course because the tabs don’t let you enter but allow you to sort of view information a preview sort of way, that is if you’ve got ‘Preview on hover’ selected’.

I haven’t noticed this as an issue in one of the Hotifxes in Git, any reason why?

Brave: 0.19.48
rev: de939f6dcd1647f43de544b22dfdd103585b4ec2
Muon: 4.4.28
libchromiumcontent: 61.0.3163.100
V8: 6.1.534.41
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.15063
OS Architecture: x64

I’m currently seeing this issue as well for Brave: 0.19.70 for Mac OS.

Usually I think it happens when I have a tab open for a while, but not active (I’ll be using other tabs). Then maybe my computer will go to sleep and then I’ll come back. I won’t be able to click on certain tabs anymore, they’re completely frozen. I cannot close them either.

Yes I have the same problem can’t select certain tabs. Also not possible to close those tabs. I think this happens sometimes when I close down the system and then after a restart certain tabs are unaccessable.
Brave 0.19.80
rev 7d07299
Muon 4.5.13
libchromiumcontent 62.0.3202.75
V8 6.2.414.36
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel Release
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 10.0.15063
OS Architecture x64

The issue is recognized but still unresolved on the latest release.

Tab freezes without any scenario.I have tried to recreate same scenario, but failed.
This bug is quite old one.

Brave 0.19.80
OS Platform Microsoft Windows 7
OS Architecture x86

0.20 should resolve many bugs including this one.

But it will not be released so soon as several hotfixes for 0.19 is scheduled.

https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/milestones

• 0.19.x Hotfix 4 (Release channel) - No due date
  • 0.19.x Hotfix 5 (Release channel) - Aim to go to RC by November 10th
  • 0.19.x Hotfix 6 (Release channel) - No due date

More Hotfix releases for 0.19 are planned (Fixes for tab freezing issues etc. will not be available yet)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.