Everytime I restart the browser, I have to re-login to all my websites

Hello,
so my problem is pretty much as I stated in the title. Whenever I start this browser up, even if I just quit to reload it, I’m logged out of all my websites and need to login to them all again. This is quite annoying, is there something I can do so that it remembers that I’m logged in?

I feel like it’s deleting all my cookies but if so, I don’t know why.

Some relevant settings:
Shields/cookie blocking: only cross-site
Privacy and security/cookies and other site data: block 3rd party cookies
Privacy and security/cookies and other site data/always clear cookies when windows are closed: no sites added
Privacy and security/security: standard protection

Brave version: Version 1.18.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.

Many thanks

1 Like

Hello, @fyonn. Very sorry for the frustrating experience; can you check brave://settings/clearBrowserData to see if you have any items configured to be cleared/deleted On Exit?

1 Like

In the “on exit” section, nothing is ticked

Might you be using an extension that could be doing this?

I’ve just checked on my extensions and I only have the following 4 things installed:
1Password
Google Translate
SponsorBlock for Youtube
Ubiquiti device discovery tool

Can you share the extension IDs, from brave://extensions? You’ll need to toggle-on Developer Mode at the top-right to reveal the IDs. Alternatively, I would be more than happy to join you on a Zoom call to take a closer look too.

1Password: aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk
Google Translate: aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb
SponsorBlock: mnjggcdmjocbbbhaepdhchncahnbgone
Ubiquiti DDT: hmpigflbjeapnknladcfphgkemopofig

is that the right info?

That looks right; thank you :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll scan the source for these real quick, and see if any of them look like they might be deleting history (1Password and Google Translate are unlikely). If you’re available for a Zoom call sometime, that would greatly expedite any resolution.

Update — After a cursory scan, neither of these (SponsorBlock or Ubiquiti DDT) appear to have access to the chrome.cookies API, which would be expected if they were deleting cookies unintentionally. At this point, it’s unclear what could be erasing session cookies (causing you to have to re-authenticate when the browser restarts). Please let me know if you would be available for a Zoom call sometime, to investigate further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.