Every so often email hyperlinks won't open window/tab in Brave browser

Description of the issue:
Every once in a while I will click on a hyperlink in an email (via desktop email client), and the link will not open in my Brave browser, which is already open - no new tab. Nothing happens, no error message or anything. It just doesn’t open. Brave is my default browser.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go through an individual email in desktop client (Outlook or similar)
  2. Find a link, click on it.

Expected result: The link opening in a new tab of Brave if it’s already open, or a new window if Brave isn’t currently running.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.41.100 Chromium: 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-Bit)

Additional Information: This doesn’t happen regularly or even frequently, just intermittent but it’s very annoying when it does happen and I can’t pinpoint what is causing it. I haven’t downloaded/installed any new software that should interfere and if it was any of my browser extensions I’d expect it to happen a lot more frequently. When I have this issue I have to right-click on the link in the email and choose “copy link address” and then paste it into a new Brave tab, which is pretty tedious.

Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am a community member too. Below is a link to a topic that may give you some insight. Two other community members, @289wk and @JimB1 (both Community Ninjas), posted some suggestions you might test when you encounter an email link that will not open.

In the topic below, has several Brave support staff posts with suggestions you can test that should work with any email client.

Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.