Error when creating Barrons account

Hi,

I’ve tried installing Brave on two different Win10 machines via this link https://brave.com/dowjones-barrons but on both I receive an error page after trying to create the Barron’s account.

I get a generic page which says: “Something went wrong”, “page not found” which has the following URL: https://partner.barrons.com/p/p_barbrave/error

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi @Sterre

Is this a fresh install? If so, I believe this can be encountered when you try to create a password that is too long/complex. The webpage tells you it’s ok when you’re creating your account, but when you get to the next page you get an error. Maybe try installing again after removing all Brave data and using a password that is fewer characters, maybe about 8 and less complex too. If I recall correctly some special characters give the site trouble, but it doesn’t tell you explicitly. Try a password that is just letters and numbers.
Also, Dow Jones is aware of this issue but I don’t have an estimated completion for a resolution.

Thanks,
Lauren

I too am having a problem creating a Barrons account. But, I am not going to remove my data. Hopefully, the generous offer will not expire before the problem is addressed.

Aside from this issue, my brief experience with Brave has been positive.

Hi Lauren,

It was a fresh install, and I do use a password manager to create my passwords. These are indeed pretty long and have many special characters. So its very likely to be the case thats what caused the trouble.

I also contacted Barrons, and the send me a link with the same promo-code, but to create an account with them directly, which went smoothly!

Thanks for your reply! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Sterre

Thank you for reporting back @Sterre! It’s great to hear that they were able to help you resolve this easily.

I am going to close this thread, but please do reach out via a new one if you encounter other issues or have questions as you start to use Brave.

Best,
Lauren