Error: Region not supported (Uphold)

I cannot connect my wallet, saying my region isn’t supported. However, I managed to connect it before (I got verified last Jan. 13, 2022) I have used both Gemini and Uphold before. The gemini wallet was making this error before but now also uphold? Kindly help on fixing this.

What country are you from? Recent changes have been made to supported countries. Posted the notices from support staff below. I think Uphold also changed their non-supported jurisdictions recently. You might want to go check there too.

Some users were able to receive payouts even if in a non-supported country as long as they stayed connected. If they were disconnected for whatever reason, they received the notice, and could not reconnect.

NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

NOTICE: New region restrictions on Uphold (very important info for users in Hawaii)

Changes to Brave Ads Regional Availability

Wallet Connections are Temporarily Blocked in Turkey

Also check

Thank you for your response. I’m from the Philippines and I guess it is the end for me lol. Still thankful that I received payouts for 4 months. Will still continue to use brave though, it’s great and I have no major problems with it so far.

1 Like

Philippines cannot connect to a custodial provider at this time. Sorry. :slightly_frowning_face:

You can still receive ads and earn BAT, you just can’t transfer them to Uphold. You can hold them or use to tip creators.

1 Like

Yea, phillipines got banned due to fraudulent transactions.
I am from Germany, both uphold and Gemini are not supported here.
I can still use my uphold account that I created before they decided to not work with Germany.
Reconnecting everything without any issues.

But it still sux if you can’t take advantage of the reward system in certain places of the world because some scumbags did bad things.

1 Like

I faced this problem today. I am from India and I have verified uphold wallet before and in fact im currently receiving rewards on one of my other devices but when i tried to connect brave rewards on my new laptop it gave me “error:region not supported” message. Please help…

I’m Using Uphold and Live in the USA. I keep getting this message. Error: Region not supported.

I am from Mexico and suddenly i cant verify my uphold account and link it to my brave.
what is going on?
where is the region not supported list?
how long we should wait to get this normal again? its been a month …

I faced this problem today. I am from India and I have verified uphold wallet before but it recently getting this error “error:region not supported” message. Please help…

Going to be a while yet. They just added France back. India and Brazil should be getting added again next, which they are hoping will be a couple weeks but may take longer. (For your sanity, pretend a month or so, rather than weeks. This way don’t get too hopeful or disappointed if things go wrong, lol) Then will continue adding countries as they get things resolved.

You can follow updates on my Topic over at PSA: Unsupported Region

1 Like

Hi. Today, still an issue in fr with Uphold… on hold :thinking:

Yeah, they seem to be experiencing some difficulty. I just quoted you on a topic I made to try to compile a list of people having problems. That topic is Supported Region showing as Not Supported - Aggregate Topic

I’m hoping by kind of getting everything together, it better highlights how many people are effected. Hopefully @steeven and the others are investigating and can figure it out soon

1 Like

Thank for reply.
For information, the problem appeared today, everything was working fine before.

1 Like

Problem solved for me. :+1:
Thank you.

1 Like

Good day,

getting this when trying to login to my Uphold account. According to the Non-Supported Jurisdictions list South Africa is not on it. What could be the case and how do I fix?

The list is of supported regions, not of non-supported. So with South Africa not being on the list, it means you’re currently not supported. They are slowly bringing regions back as they can. France was restored not long ago. They tried adding Brazil again before the weekend but had issues, so had to remove Brazil.

There’s not much you can do except to just wait. I post updates as we learn them at PSA: Unsupported Region if you want to check there on occasion. Otherwise keep an eye out for official announcements when they make them, which they try to pin here on Brave Community for a few days before unpinning.

The time for regions to be added are unknown. At the current rate, I’m going to say the shortest time will be 3 months and it might even be a year or more. I’m hoping Brave surprises me and regions all get added again sooner, but I’m trying to assume the worst case scenarios.

Hi @ziadn27

Do you have all required documents that state you are a resident/citizen in the USA? If you are seeing that message then you might have a mismatch of what documents you have submitted and what your current region.
It would be best advised to reach out to Uphold and ask if all your documents are the same as your region.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.