Error: region currently not supported - error due to the fact that I am a Romanian, however, I live in UK for over 5 years and I pay taxes here. How can I fix this?

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Operating system: Windows 10 Home; Brave version:
Version 1.46.144 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) No

What date did you verify your wallet? I can’t remember. The problem is that I was born in Romania, however, I am living for more than 5 years in UK, where I pay all my taxes, which means I should get brave rewards.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner? No

Hi @Luke29. With most users the problem is with the id used to verify their custodial account. If you have selected UK as your country they will expect to see UK ID for the connected custodial account with Gemini or Uphold. I note that you say you are unverified, but if you do have a linked custodial account did you use your Romanian ID to verify it?

2 Likes

Ok, TL:DR = You need to have right passport in your verification.

It doesn’t know or care where you’ve paid taxes or anything. It just looks at the government ID you provided and the details there.

I’m going to guess based on what you said that you used Romania passport to verify, right? If so, then it’s going to see you as in Romania. If you’re in UK, then you need to share UK resident ID or passport to Uphold.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.