Error on yesterday's update [Windows "blank window" issue]

@Bpizzle,
Would you mind opening a new topic and following the posting guidelines so that we can more accurately assist you? Thank you.

Thank u, i can’t believe that my browser has so fast now

1 Like

I finally got around to revisiting this issue. I downloaded the latest 64-bit beta (0.69.107) a short while ago and installed it - and it worked “right out of the box”. Now I can kick Internet Explorer back to the curb.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy…the above procedure helped…it works like charm
Thanks n regards
Twitter: @sudesh

2 Likes

1. In win 7 64- bit - Boot into safe mode.
2. If you can bring up the Brave Browser, go to:
3. “Settings” --> “Advanced Settings” --> "System"
4. Uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available"
5. Reboot and the Brave browser should work.

Hi,

this issue has started happening in my computer today after updating to the latest W10 build (Brave dev)

Black screen either with or without the disable gpu.

Any idea? plz?

1 Like

I have a similar problem, it is with the latest update also crashing again sometimes.
I posted here

1 Like

@Mattches, recently I installed brave browser version 1.2.43 on my windows 7 32-bit machine and after installation, Screen of browser went blank. I was able to use workaround of “–disable-gpu” and am able to use brave perfectly now. However, that means that this issue is still prevailing in browser and has not been resolved which should be addressed as any new user will not like to go through such hustle.

1 Like

Hey, new Brave User here :wave:
I installed Brave just after the last W10 update and got the Black screen.
With the --disable-gpu fix everything seems to be working now, thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Mattches Doing the --disable-gpu part did not work. It went through and I was able to apply it, but it still displays a blacked out window.

@matches… I tried your recommendation on windows 7 but it didn’t work. This is how I entered in on the target field, “C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe”—disable-gpu. After entering this and clicking apply and ok, I was notified that that the specified target box is not valid.

“C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe" --disable-gpu

@Romana there’s single space before the flag and using two - not – or —

1 Like

Copy. Thank you so much!

I’m on W10 it’s worked !
Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Missing google icons on youtube. Worked on Windows 10 (09/29/2021). Thank you.

However I able to solve the issue but after the up gradation my PC is not supporting any 4K hd wallpaper. although I searched everything and contacted the customer support forum eduhelphub.com but nothing worked.

I tried the solution but it did not work for me, as perhaps I am having a different issue due to the update.

I didn’t approve an update from Brave actually, but when I went on my computer today, it was updated. The issue is, everything is gone. All settings and history, user info, everything, which is shocking to say the least. It looks just like a newly installed browser.

Previously, there was always a popup that asked me which user to log in as, but that is gone. The browser opens and closes without any user prompt, just blank browser.

I am currently backing up the appdata brave browser folder as it is THANKFULLY still there and intact with 4gb worth of information…

This is a huge issue… I’ve lost everything and I wasn’t even at my computer… I did not know this was possible to happen… everything else on my computer remains the same.

hey, thanks for your suggestion; but it didn’t work for me.

still shows blank window?

I want just to get in to get my data back then delete this software. It’s never working like it used too sadly.