Error on yesterday's update [Windows "blank window" issue]

Perfect!
Working in Windows 8 also.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

hi there i did follow all those instruction but its stayed black on screen … i am using windows ultimate

@poseidon2125,
Can you show me what the modified Shortcut target looks like on your end?

Hi,
Thanks a lot… Its working in win 7. Thanks again and again. I appreciate your quick response.

Best Regards
Shiji A V

1 Like

Hi there,
I tried this solution and was not able to get Brave to launch using the --disable-gpu flag in order to turn off the acceleration. Do you have any other suggestions?

@Bpizzle,
Would you mind opening a new topic and following the posting guidelines so that we can more accurately assist you? Thank you.

Thank u, i can’t believe that my browser has so fast now

1 Like

I finally got around to revisiting this issue. I downloaded the latest 64-bit beta (0.69.107) a short while ago and installed it - and it worked “right out of the box”. Now I can kick Internet Explorer back to the curb.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy…the above procedure helped…it works like charm
Thanks n regards
Twitter: @sudesh

2 Likes

1. In win 7 64- bit - Boot into safe mode.
2. If you can bring up the Brave Browser, go to:
3. “Settings” --> “Advanced Settings” --> "System"
4. Uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available"
5. Reboot and the Brave browser should work.

Hi,

this issue has started happening in my computer today after updating to the latest W10 build (Brave dev)

Black screen either with or without the disable gpu.

Any idea? plz?

1 Like

I have a similar problem, it is with the latest update also crashing again sometimes.
I posted here

1 Like

@Mattches, recently I installed brave browser version 1.2.43 on my windows 7 32-bit machine and after installation, Screen of browser went blank. I was able to use workaround of “–disable-gpu” and am able to use brave perfectly now. However, that means that this issue is still prevailing in browser and has not been resolved which should be addressed as any new user will not like to go through such hustle.

1 Like

Hey, new Brave User here :wave:
I installed Brave just after the last W10 update and got the Black screen.
With the --disable-gpu fix everything seems to be working now, thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Mattches Doing the --disable-gpu part did not work. It went through and I was able to apply it, but it still displays a blacked out window.

@matches… I tried your recommendation on windows 7 but it didn’t work. This is how I entered in on the target field, “C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe”—disable-gpu. After entering this and clicking apply and ok, I was notified that that the specified target box is not valid.

“C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe" --disable-gpu

@Romana there’s single space before the flag and using two - not – or —

1 Like

Copy. Thank you so much!