Error: Limited Uphold account functionality - despite verified Uphold account

Briefly describe your issue:
Despite a verified (KYC) uphold account, I’ve fallen victim to “Error: Limited Uphold account functionality” when trying to connect Brave Rewards with Uphold.
I have also tried to issue an Uphold transaction after reading in another post that this may unlock additional uphold functionality, but no success. Linking Brave Rewards with Uphold still fails despite a verified account and despite a successful Uphold transaction.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Version 1.47.171 Chromium: 109.0.5414.87 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
Jan 9th 2023

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
Checked the list and Yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
Checked the list and Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Not using Android

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
Yes

the same here on my laptop. I should fill one form with the number of my old wallet to clean the four uphold slots, but I have not noted this information, then I want to know is it possible find the old wallet number only with the uphold transaction history? then fill the form and clean my four uphold slots?

if I fill this form:

with my Uphold ID will be able to clean my four slots?

@zero0cool Your best bet would be to contact Uphold to find out what they might need. It’s not always easy to find on their website. Definitely is an area they need to improve. But if you write in to ask about their KYC/CDD/AML process, in particular Liveness. Let me share where someone else kind of explains about it after they went through a similar experience.

If you have Android, a lot of people are saying the process works better there. Otherwise you’ll need to go through either support@uphold.com or create a ticket via https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/requests/new if having issues finding anything in your account.

Thanks @Saoiray . The Liveness check did indeed solve the issue. Slightly annoying that nowhere in the Uphold dashboard will it tell you that this is the current limitation.

Once I attempted a withdrawal it asked me for a selfie and after this, verification from within Brave Rewords worked without issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.