Error: Different account region

Hi Brave folk,

I just discovered that I can finally connect more than 4 devices to my Uphold account.
I was using Gemini on one device only for that reason and now I would like to connect the device to Uphold but I’m facing the following error.

I think the reason is now Gemini is only accepting new US accounts, but I live in the UK.

For some reason my device is now under the umbrella of the US and I can’t disconnect it from Gemini and connect it to Uphold.

Is there a workaround to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue, I think that at the time I have created my Gemini account, my region was supported. I am also a creator, before I have received tips using Gemini, but now when entering brave creator rewards I have the message that now Gemini is not supported, so something change. This is why I have decided to switch to Uphold, but due to this error I can’t.

Please someone from the stuff give advice. Thanks!

In short, this means that the country of your Gemini account is/was different from the country of your Uphold account. Is there any reason why your Gemini account was set to the US but your Uphold account is registered in the UK?

That said, you can resolve this issue by just starting a new Rewards profile by resetting in brave://rewards > Manage Brave Rewards > reset. If your BAT balance is already in your Uphold/Gemini account, then you don’t need to worry about losing any BAT.

In my case the region is the same for both Gemini and Uphold. My region is Spain. I was able to receive tips from other users on my YT channel with Gemini, in the past month I think something changed and now Gemini is not working anymore from Spain. This is why I would like to be able to switch to Uphold. When creating my account with Gemini I specified everything related to the region I live in and I’ve never left it.

About resetting it, I understand what you say and I already thought about that, but then if I want to send my BATs from Gemini to Uphold, I will have to pay a fee… If there is no other solution I will take this way.

Thanks for answering!

Thanks chriscat, I was not aware I could reset the setup. Amazing, I’m going to do that!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.