Error: Cannot Claim BAT - Accounts Bug

Hello all,

I would appreciate any help with this issue:

I have been handed down a computer from an immediate family member which is loaded with the Brave browser.

Previously, they were logged into their own Uphold account (which they have since logged out of).

Since the computer has now been in my use, I have earned my own BAT. The problem incurred is that when I attempt to log into my own personal Uphold account to claim Brave Rewards, I am presented an error message which states:

"Error: Different account

Hmm, it looks like your Brave Rewards has already been verified with another Uphold account. Please try verifying again using your previous account.".

My balance is visible in the Brave Rewards tab; however, concurrently unclaimable. I am not logged into any uphold account because I cannot. I am unverified and cannot verify because the same pictured error message appears.

I’m unverified.

rewards

However, I cannot claim BAT.

Note: There was no inherent need to reset the computer because it’s just being used for basic web browsing, nothing private as such.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 10

Version 1.46.140 Chromium: 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

Yes, but cannot proceed to successfully log indue to the error.

What date did you verify your wallet?

Last year.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Not applicable.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

Yes.

You could reset Brave rewards. That’ll cause you to lose BATs if any in unverified status.

Ideally, I shouldn’t have to reset and lose 21+ BAT because of a bug.

Thanks for your response.

You could try to go to integrations in Uphold and manually remove Brave from to see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Also better if we tag someone from the team.
@SaltyBanana @chriscat please look into this. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for your help and for tagging in members of the team.

The family member isn’t with uphold anymore, so checking the integrations isn’t an option either.

The bug is that Brave Browser somewhere isn’t honouring the former person’s sign out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.