Epic Games Store login CAPTCHA fails

Description of the issue:
Captcha fails on Epic Game Store site login. Other browsers appear to work.

Exact URL of the website in question:
https://store.epicgames.com/login

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

no

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

no

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

works on Chrome

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.50.121 Chromium: 112.0.5615.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Ubuntu 20.04.6

@Trek09290 I just want to verify.

• So it doesn’t matter if Shields are on or off, it fails regardless?

• Have you tried in a Private Window or new browser profile?

• Can you try to clear cookies/site data for the site and see if any issues?

• Second step might help rule this out, but do you have any extensions? (otherwise might want to disable and test if makes a difference)

• When you say CAPTCHA fails, what happens? For example, is it just not loading? Are you solving but it’s not realizing? Or what is your specific problem?

• Do you get any error messages or anything on the screen?

• If you go to Dev Tools, to Console, are you getting any error messages there?

So it doesn’t matter if Shields are on or off, it fails regardless?

-fails on or off

Have you tried in a Private Window or new browser profile?

-yes, guest, private window, new profile, stable and beta, same result

Can you try to clear cookies/site data for the site and see if any issues?

-cleared cookies and cache

Second step might help rule this out, but do you have any extensions? (otherwise might want to disable and test if makes a difference)

-disabled extensions

When you say CAPTCHA fails, what happens? For example, is it just not loading? Are you solving but it’s not realizing? Or what is your specific problem?

-captcha loads, but gives an error when submitting after solving, tried the same thing several times, works in Chrome with no issues

Do you get any error messages or anything on the screen?
-error is “Incorrect response. Please refresh the page.” I also have a ticket open with Epic, but others have reported this issue on other forums.

If you go to Dev Tools, to Console, are you getting any error messages there?

@fanboynz would you have any ideas?

Maybe? (Brave Ad Block Updater - Version: 1.0.272 or newer) brave://components/

1 Like

@Trek09290 hopefully you can make sure that it’s updated as fanboynz mentioned and give it a test. Hopefully what they looked at and added is the solution.

I had the same issue several month ago. Nothing worked so I used a different browser.

@talgeeze not sure if you ever posted on it. But main thing is you see posted about it here and possibly have a solution. If nothing else, you feel like testing this now and see if it works for you?

I switched to another browser because every other solution had failed then. Retried them today before posting about it and they all failed again.
I very rarely use it in browser, so it is not a huge annoyance and I already use multiple browsers anyway.

Does this only apply to Shields being on? I updated Brave today and tried with Shields off, same result.

@Trek09290 Actually, I should have double checked. He mentioned 1.0.272 or newer. Also to be clear, it wasn’t about updating the browser but to check brave://components to make sure that Brave Ad Block Updater was on the newest. Sometimes you can manually update it by going there and doing Check for update and it will apply faster than leaving it to automatically update. But currently newest available to us is

So if there’s anything fixed, it didn’t roll out yet and might take a bit more time. I apologize for tagging so soon.

But @fanboynz that is a good question, will that potential fix you’ve shared only work with Shields on? And does it make sense for them to have the CAPTCHA issue even with Shields off?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.