Entire Webpage Replaced by "Internet Connection Error" when Wi-Fi Temporarily Drops

One thing that I hate about Brave is that if I’m in an area that has spotty Wi-Fi access, I can download an entire webpage but the second that my Wi-Fi connection drops, Brave removes the entire page/screen and replaces it with a ‘Hey, you’re internet connection just dropped’ page.

No S*$^# Sherlock! I was looking at that page, which was useful to me, and I don’t need it to be replaced with a gigantic message letting me know that my internet connection was temporarily interrupted!

How can I turn that “Feature” off?

Cant there be just a small popup or something that tells you that your internet connection was interrupted? I can even have multiple tabs open with fully loaded, useful pages, that blank out with that dumb message as soon as I switch to it.

Rest of my family hates that behavior so they don’t use Brave because areas of my house have sketchy Wi-Fi connection zones which makes Brave pretty much useless if you’re trying to read a news article or look through some page that’s already loaded and your wifi connection temporarily drops.

Is this behavior built into chromium or did brave add it on purpose?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.