Enhanced 'Detach tab' that allows tab to be moved to existing window

When I want to move a tab, most of the time it’s to another open window, not to a new window.

Despite its evident usefulness, for some reason this option doesn’t seem to have been provided for in any browser I’m aware of, leaving the user only the option of copying-&-pasting the tab and deleting it from its original location.

I’m recommending that BRAVE be the first to implement this feature.

Basically, this means adding an option to select the destination window for the tab to be moved to – i.e., e.g., select the destination window from a pop-up menu that lists currently-open windows; pop-up invoked by right-click on the tab).

So the procedure would be:

1. Right-click on a tab, which opens a menu of already-open windows.
  2. User then selects the window the tab is to be moved to from that menu.

The current option of pulling the tab off the tab bar, thereby moving it to a ‘new’ window, could either be retained or it could be included as an option from the same right-click menu.

Thanks.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Request based on prior thread in ‘Help Me’ . . . SUBJ: Feature similar to ‘Detach tab’ that allows tab to be moved to currently-open window?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1 Like