Enabling "Media Foundation for Clear" flag causes a notification soundeffect everytime you navigate to youtube.com

Setting the “Media Foundation for Clear” to enabled under brave://flags/ makes it so a soundeffect is played everytime you navigates to youtube.com

The setting is needed to use the video upscale feature that that AMD provides for their APU’s and GPU’s as of AMD Software driver 24.1.1 (see blog post below)

Is there a way to mute this notification???

Description of the issue: Setting the “Media Foundation for Clear” to enabled under brave://flags/ makes it so a soundeffect is played everytime you navigates to youtube.com

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. brave://flags/
  2. Setting the “Media Foundation for Clear” to “enabled” instead of “default”
    3.Relaunch browser
  3. Navigate to youtube

Expected result: No sound effect

Brave Version( check About Brave): v1.63.169

Additional Information:

@Gambit2K,
I actually do not see this flag available when I search brave://flags — is that the exact name of the flag?

@Mattches I just searched it on mine and was able to see it, along with a couple other options.

It is yes

I just had the same issue happen to me as well, is there any fix you guys managed to find?

Only available on Windows I guess — testing on my Win1- system and yes I can reproduce and man is that sound abrasive!

So typically flags like this are something we don’t fix on our end as they are inherited by Chromium. I will however check and see if the team has any suggestions on what we can do about this.

Additionally — it looks like this issue reproduces in Chrome as well so it is likely that we’ll have to wait for an upstream fix for this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.