Enable sharing page via QR Code - flag not working

“Enable sharing page via QR Code” feature is very useful when we want to view the same desktop page in mobile it is faster. Please try to bring it . Thank you

I confirm this has now stopped working, I have “brave://flags/#sharing-qr-code-generator” and there is no right-click GUI menu item and the more useful in the address bar icon for it has also vanished.

Windows 10 [Version 1.24.82 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Is there a way to make it work. It is a very useful features when we need to view a website from pc to Mobile

I know that we removed the feature recently and put it behind flags: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/15008

I’m not sure why it’s not working after enabling the flag at this point. I’ve reached out to some team members for more information.

@Babu1 @Taomyn,
Can you try adding the flag via command line and/or inserting the flag into your Brave shortcut’s Target path?

1. Find your Brave desktop shortcut
  2. Right-click on it, then Properties
  3. In the Target field, insert the following flag outside of the quotes, with a space between the quotes and the flag:
brave --enable-features=SharingQRCodeGenerator

4. Press "OK" and launch the browser and test

Yes that brings it back to the right-click menu when you do it on the page itself - it would be nice if it were also on either the tab’s menu for when right-click on the page is not possible for other reasons, though I can see that bringing back the icon the appeared on the address bar may start to make that look cluttered amongst all the others we now see.

I’m now updated to version 1.24.84 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 and it’s still missing without the flag on the shortcut.

Thank you it works well.

Is there a way to transfer files between two devices using Brave without internet using wifi or hotspot, if there is please replay. It will be very useful in transferring files between devices without additional software.

Thank you again for your replay

@Babu1,
No there is no way to do that without an internet connection.

Ok thank you for the replay

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.