Email attachments only option is to save, not open

Using Firefox I have to the option but in my Outlook email and KolabNow mail to either view the attachment in the appropriate program or download it. My only option using Brave is to download the attachment. How do I view it without saving it?

@WhyMeWyMe,
That may depend on what type of attachment you’re referring to and which email client you’re using. Can you tell me what type of attachments you’re trying to view, as well as your OS and Brave version?

I just downloaded Brave so it’s whatever version is currently available. The attachments I’ve tried to open so far are PDFs and Excel documents. From Gmail, KolabNow and facebook. I am using Windows 10. In other browsers I have to option to open in Excel/Adobe/etc or to download.

Thanks for the help.

Jennifer

blocked.gif

@WhyMeWyMe,
For PDFs, can you go to brave://settings/content/pdfDocuments and ensure that the option to Download PDFs instead of viewing them in Brave is toggled “off”. As for Excel, I’m actually not sure whether or not you would be able to open them in Brave directly regardless.

I changed the setting, closed all the windows and the browser and it still automatically saves the documents. Is there something else I need to do?

Jennifer

blocked.gif

@WhyMeWyMe,
Wait – it still automatically saves even PDF documents?

Sorry for the delayed response! Yes, automatically saves PDFs. You cannot view them, you must download them then open them from the saved location.

Jennifer

blocked.gif

@WhyMeWyMe,
Can you tell me if you have any extensions installed at this time?

No Brave extensions. I only downloaded the browser. Is there something that could be running on top of the browser that I am unaware of?

Jennifer

blocked.gif

@WhyMeWyMe,
I don’t think so. I have one last test for you to try and if it fails I’ll be logging an issue for this for the developers to review and resolve. Can you try creating a temp new profile and try opening attachments/file(s) and see if you get the same behavior when using the newly created profile?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.