Editing a Wordpress post via Brave results in errors

windows

Description of the issue:
First things first, I’m not sure if this is a Brave issue or a Gutenberg/WordPress issue, therefore I have also logged an issue with the Gutenberg team gh-14945

Basically, whenever I log in to my site’s wp-admin and either edit an existing post, or add a new post, I am greeted by a plain white screen and an error in the devtools console:

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Actions must be plain objects. Use custom middleware for async actions.
    at v (index.js:1)
    at index.js:1
    at Object.dispatch (index.js:1)
    at tryCatch (wp-polyfill.min.js:3)
    at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (wp-polyfill.min.js:3)
    at Generator.t.(/wp-admin/anonymous function) [as next] (https://willstocks.co.uk/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/wp-polyfill.min.js:3:25481)
    at n (index.js:1)
    at c (index.js:1)

It is also worth me noting, that if I load up any other browser at this point in time (primarily Chrome), I can navigate into the post without any issues. Refreshing Brave doesn’t do the trick, I have to empty cache and hard reload.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Download Brave (latest production version)
  2. Navigate into wp-admin in a WordPress site
  3. Navigate into posts and then edit a post using the standard Gutenberg editor (no classic editor plugin installed!)

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Plain white screen and only one error logged to browser console (see above console error)

Expected result:
The post editor should open the post I’m trying to edit. I should not have to “empty cache + hard reload” for the post to open as expected.

Reproduces how often:
On every initial load. After emptying the cache and hard reloading, the issue stops for the remainder of the session.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Happens on both Windows 10 and macOS on the latest version of the production version of Brave

Additional Information:
Happy to provide any info that may be of use! Also happy to accept this as more of a WP/Gutenberg issue as opposed to Brave, however I’ve only seen the behaviour in Brave so thought it was worth a mention.

0 Likes