eBay glitch on Saved Searches - Brave browser

Brave seems to have a glitch upon loading the “Saved Searches” page on the eBay website, you might want to contact them to figure out what the issue is, here is the link with the problematic glitch: https://www.ebay.com/myb/SavedSearches

Just tested the saved searches, Seems to save fine ? If you remove a saved search in Ebay and re-add a new item. Does that work?

Does turning off the Sheilds helps? Try to force refresh (Shift-refresh) of the page.

Interestingly enough, there is no refresh on the page! (see attached screenshot).

How would I turn off the shields?

In the address bar near the top.

Unfortunately turning off the shields did not do anything. And the refresh is still not there.

@donbanania,
The refresh isn’t there because technically the page is still loading. The ‘X’ to stop loading the webpage will be replaced with the refresh icon when it stops loading. Can you try Shields = Up but toggle the Cross-site trackers option to “Off” (temporarily)?

The page never stops loading (so the refresh icon never appears).

I’ve tried Shields up and trackers off (please see attached screenshot), it hasn’t done anything.

Upon reloading it now works. Are the new settings just for this page, or for my browser in general?

1 Like

@donbanania,
In Brave you change Shields settings both globally and on the per-site level – more information here:

Thanks. There is a typo on the first line: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022973471-What-is-Shields-

Shields protects your privacy as your browse by making you harder to track from site to site. Many sites include all kinds of trackers which can follow you across the Web. Shields blocks this type of content, keeping you safe and even increasing your browsing speed.

This line?

Yes: “your”, should be “you”

@donbanania,
Thanks for pointing that out – went ahead and fixed that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.